Monday 17 October 2011

Spring

Today feels great. Its a lovely balmy warm day, a hint of summer in the air but the garden looks lush and green.
Poppies have self sown themselves again and big bright bursts of colour visit us for a few days. Even the seed heads look cheerful, like little greens soldiers. Unfortunately these giant poppies are not for picking and putting into vases but still give me delight as I go out to hang the washing on the line to dry.


My spinach is coming along and is singing out to me to make a vegetable pie out of it, garlic  feta and spinach pie, yummy.
On a colourful note I've finished a small hook rug from material scraps. it probably could have been made larger but I didn't realize how much material these rugs love to guzzle up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments