Friday 12 June 2015

Pillow Finish


Yup i've finished my cushion. I karate chopped it so that it would sit in this chair. The cushion is too big for this chair, although it is hard to tell from this picture. The colourings quite suit the chair dont you think? This is my curb side pick up chair. Yep, I picked it up of the curb (only moment after it was put there) it was awaiting rubbish collection. Hard to believe. i am forever hanging my legs over the arms when watching TV. The  rest of the family hate it...they think it is dirty... God I am not going to eat my dinner off it and really it is in very good knick. Bah hum bug to them!


Sun drenched photos in the back yard this morning... strong wintery light





In the shade at a reclaimed wetland. The wattle trees are just starting to bloom.


 I used a grey wool material to make the pillow


Such a magnificent and grand eucalyptus tree. Couldn't resist taking a photo whilst I wandered around the wetland


The ducks wandered up looking for a feed...no such duck luck.






I started to look for feathers and found a few in the water

A find at the local op shop which has now become a project for my father to renovate. He is staining them coco black and I have requested a matte finish - which is causing my father grief  (cause everything in his life has been stained mission brown or cherry red- aaurgh)... but he is the most obliging of dads and is doing a wonderful job of  up marketing these for me. Cant wait until they are done. I am keeping the handles... LOVE LOVE them

See you soon!

12 comments:

  1. your pillow is stunning and you are so speedy to finish so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, As always so happy that you.ve stopped by and look forward to your next adventure in knitting or out and about with hubby/family

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful pillow, love the earthy colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heide, I am enchanted by the lovely soft colours of naturally dyed wools. Lately I have been buying wool oddments in op shops (acryllic doesnt work) and then throwing them in a pot with dye stuff until I have enough to get started. Luckily I was able to buy a bag of pre used wool (someone had knitted it and pulled it apart) for bargain price of $5. It looks like there will be enough to make 2 pillows. I've started on the second , the only problem is the dyes are completely different to the first lot..but that is the nature of naturally / eco dyeing.
      Cheers and thanks for stopping by. monique

      Delete
  3. Lovely cushion; the lining fabric sets off the crochet work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marly ,I was pretty pleased to find this wool off cut in an op shop so my total project cost is about $15 and a whole lot of time :)

      Delete
  4. LOve your cushion - suits the chair so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, The cushion actually doesnt suit my lounge at all because of my red walls and red based cushions --mmm all the more reason to paint the walls and make more cushions!. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. your finds are exquisite. Love the handles as well. I am sure your father will do a very good job on them. I cannot tell from the picture how big they are. Are they? (big?)

    The cushion is magnifique! So totally Monique. Très jolie, ma chère!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigitte. Hi! I am hoping dad will have completed by cupboards by the next days off from work _ I dont want much - but he has had them for a week already. they are looking good may I say. The side table/ cupboards are for next to the bed and are smaller than the ones I have now (time for a clean out anyway, I only keep stuff I never use, so I might as well throw it out)
      Chat soon , see you!

      Delete
  6. Your pillow has such an antique aura, and the photos of it are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find half the joy in completing a project is in the photograph taking. Normally it involves a day out ( although not this time) next time I must plan it better and be totally selfish about finding time to play out and about.Thanks for your lovely compliments and I always enjoy seeing what you have been up to Cheers Moniquex

      Delete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments