Before Caleb was sick I picked up this lovely tin at craft. It was actually buried under materials and I wasn't sure whether it was for sale, but of course I asked. It has now been adopted to store incomplete embroideries (of the smaller variety) . The tablecloth was purchased a week later from the same table with another cloth..both are incomplete but came with the threads, so i can foresee many hours embroidering in front of the heater on a cold winter's night.
This embroidery you have seen in previous posts..but I finally plucked the courage to do something with it. It is really hard to cut into linen and not know whether your efforts will be fruitful at the end of it. I bought purse clips off the internet and they had arrived just before Caleb became ill. So of course they got thrown aside until today. A quick trace of the clasp and a bit of shaping with a paper template. I didn't really want to loose the embroidery that I had done (it takes me too darn long to cut pieces off and throw away) So I basically followed the circular shape of the doily.
I think the material for the back of the purse echoes the colour and shape of the flowers and gives it a bit of a pop in colour.
The inside orange and bright. I hate looking around in a dark purse and not being able to see anything.
I decided not to chop off the bottom to give it a flattened surface to sit on - once again to preserve the embroidery
My first purse complete. Pretty happy!
The last of the roses my sister gave the family when Caleb was sick. She is thoughtful that way .. always giving flowers to others to cheer up their day.