A posy of colour coming your way today. After hooking the hottie cover with tapestry wools I decided to pull out the rest of the wool and make something a little more colourful.After producing a few spoked flowers I realised that I just didn't have the volume or variety of colour that I wanted and needed. I could have headed off to Spotlight to purchase balls of wool, but to get the variety in colour it would have cost a small fortune. I have plenty of acrylic color in bright assortment of colour but prefer the feel of wool (especially if the item to be made is to be worn in the vicinity of the neck and shoulders). So I toddled off to the op shop where i purchased the green and blue tapestry wools at a reasonably cheap price and basically bought up every colour they had that was bright. 45 skeins of brightly coloured yarns for floral inspiration Yeh! I dropped in to a few of the other thrift shops and also purchased the jug I had spied the other day but didn't buy because I felt I had spent enough money....I still liked it and today couldn't resist.
The spoked wheel flower (as I am calling it) is partially from a vogue pattern for the giant motif shawl that I have made in the past. I decided to utilize the central motif and then try to hook it up as I produced each flower wheel - low and behold it works
I also purchased some chrysanthemums and carnations to pop into my new vase. They have really long stems and in the end I didn't have the heart to cut them right down to fit in the vase. Over the next couple of days as I trim them and they become shorter I will plonk them in the vase to enjoy both flowers and jug
Love my delicious "new": Johnston Jug!