Friday 28 September 2012

Apple Cinnamon Upside Down Cake

My daughter requested an apple cinnamon cake this afternoon. I dont know what possessed her to request this as I have only made cinnamon pecan swirl muffins (from the quince tree) or apple pies but never apple and cinnamon cake before. I wasn't in the mood to investigate a recipe for this so I used the only apple I had and a basic butter cake recipe to make this cake.



I peeled and sliced the apple into fine wedges and formed a ring around the bottom of a lined tin. I had some left over cinnamon and sugar from doughnut making and sprinkled it over the bottom of the tin
A  basic butter cake recipe of 2 eggs 4oz butter 6oz sugar 8oz SR flour and 1/2 cup of milk (2468 cake) and then fold in half cup brown sugar and cinnamon to give swirled effect.
Cook for an hour 180 degree C and voilĂ   a upside down cinnamon cake.
I had to photograph the cake this evening before the kids demolished  it and hence the poor lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments