Wednesday 19 September 2012

What Doing?

What Doing?
My girlfriend's husband, Stuart, always will ask this as a greeting in the hope of eliciting a more exciting response than the one you usually get when asked "How are you?". So out with it, what have you been doing?

I really have been a bit shy of writing lately even though life is busy and something is always on the go.
I started another ripple blanket a while ago and just work on it occasionally. Although I made a huge effort of crocheting when Caleb was sick and I spent alot of time in doctors waiting  rooms. The crochet seemed to spark a bit of interest and Caleb commented that everybody whom walked passed had a good look. For me it helps make the time pass faster and has some tangible value at the end of it (besides ensuring my childs well being)


I've just finished reading this. No it is not about a movie star but is an account of a small part of South Australian history and  the life of Reg Sprigg, geologist, environmentalist and established the first eco tourism in Arkaroola Station before it became fashionable , oil, uranium and mining discoverer, marine adventurer and deep sea diver, author,  founder of Geosurveys company and SANTOS  and Beach petroleum. He lived a most fascinating life and had far reaching vision which was beyond his time and available technology. His life story evokes the feeling of wow! How could I not know about such an important person in Australian recent history, a man of our times. I'll be going to the library to find his book -Geology is Fun.!


Some time ago, probably four months ago, I entered a competition with Homespun Magazine and to my delight the other day received a brown paper parcel containing some lovely vintage inspired patterns from Charlie s Aunt'.


 I'll definately be making the Premium Bond Bag


Found this at the op shop today. It was pretty grubby so I didn't buy it but thought I'd make something like it myself as a pot holder. I did buy some lovely old bread tins and  a bowl that looked like Burleigh ware





 Bought some lovely green glass ware for $2 a piece, yumminess isn't it? I had to wipe the table, maybe I should have shown you all the dust!


I've been collecting 70's  style bottles. I noticed that as soon as I start to get a few of things the prices start to creep up. I'm collecting glassware with gold bands on them. I bought those soda bottles years ago . They are made by Woodroofes Lemonade Company and have beautiful etching on them


 I found this unique egg cup holder. One of the egg cups is not from the original set and it appears that someone might have painted the centre figurine. I will eventually get it re silvered but I love its style.



My grandmas cabinet (Oma). She actually hated this piece of furniture. The family bought the cabinet when they arrived in Australia and moved out bush in New South Wales. I think my father at the time was working on a sheep station originally as a station hand and then as a cook for forty men. Dad was brought up in bakery in Holland and when they found out he could cook he was baking for the local community as well as producing three meals a day for the station hands. My Oma worked on the farm as did my Opa.


I've stuffed the cabinet full of op shop finds. Do your cupboards look like this?
Love the curved glass of the cabinet.

I wandered  into Jordana's room and was filled with love and happiness , she is enchanting.
On her wall....

Her art work on her desk
Brimming with happiness she is.



On that note I'll say catch you soon, dont be a stranger and drop a line in the comment box
Keep safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments