Monday 30 January 2012

Twenty Wishes

I have just finished reading a book called Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber. Definitely an enjoyable quick read as I read the book in one day (well into the wee small hours of the night). It tells the tale of a group of women whom are widows at differing ages of life, whom enjoy each others company and set about to fulfil 20 wishes that they desire or have wanted to do but haven't allowed themselves the time to do. Its definitely not a to do list of chores but more small surprises and treats or sometimes larger goals that were always shelves away because of family commitments or lack of motivation. I like this idea and am going to start making my list, not necessarily things that will cost a lot of money but make small plans for myself.

1. This is a desire for the future - I would like to bike ride with my family on a 4-5 day trek. I'm not sure of the destination but think that's a  decision we could make together. I thought it would be a nice thing to do for my 50th birthday.
2. In the near future (about 6 months away I'd like to complete Amy's Ride. Its a 60 km bike ride so I need to start building up my fitness
3. I want to learn how to etch and have seen a course with a local college TAFE that I can enrol in
4. I think I would like to learn how to surf, but not while the kids are around. We have surf boards...
5. lose 20 kg weight, that's not an unrealistic goal but Ill try for 10kg first
That is all I can think of the moment but Ill add to it as I consider things more carefully- its not easy to know what you want

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments