Monday 28 September 2015

The last rays


I went for a mosey over the hill 2 nights ago (it takes that long for me to upload all my photos on the computer in between my work commitments) and when I say mosey, I mean it was a really slow climb up the hill. My airways didn't appreciate the extra labour I put on them and caused me to audibly wheeze on the climb. A little upper airways spasm which settled on more even ground. It was just on sunset and the llight changes so quickly with every turn . I am particularly drawn to the skeletal forms of trees burnt last summer in the afterglow of the day.


Even the weeds looked pretty with tiny budding flowers


The wild fennel lush and green with new fronds packing the undergrowth


Yellow weeds adorn the path and compliment the warm glow of light bathing the hillside.






The little bird well camouflaged in the twiggy mess was difficult to capture, never staying still for long and shying from movement.


Just in time for Halloween, a dark and sinister looking bird...in this dull light at least.


Towards the ocean the sky is more brilliantly coloured despite the sun having disappeared already.







I took some shots of down the hill towards the city and actually like my movement shots more than the still lights - just a bit of fun.




Have a great day and may it finish with calming skies of brilliant colour. X Mon

7 comments:

  1. stunning captures as the sun sets so very beautiful!! I think the bit of wheezing was worth the gorgeous photos you were able to take. I live on a hill and have to walk up it after a walk to go home, I ALWAYS grumble...(but I don't wheeze!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. think hay fever season has hit , hence the wheezing, Must remember my antihistammine when out and about next time. My sister today warns me that brown snakes are out in force so maybe trips over the hill will be curbed for a while

      Delete
  2. Beautiful light! Love your 'Halloween-pic' :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His Sandra , thanks for stopping by. We dont actually celebrate halloween but Im always aware that it is around the corner albeit in another month

      Delete
  3. What a lovely place to mosey around.....or is it your magic camera. Those wheezes of yours were worth it.....so glad you didn't expire! As ever, gorgeous photos. I love your movement shots and your Halloween photo is superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each time I go up to the hill it changes, sometimes my eye is more acutely aware of my surroundings and at other times you just want to walk

      Delete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments