Wednesday 16 May 2012

Mushroom Village

I was hanging out the washing this afternoon and glanced across the yard to the compost heap. David my husband has quite a mound of grass clippings piled around the compost bin and at the edge of the pile was a whole village of mushrooms/ toadstools. They've obviously been there for a few days because some of them must have been 15 cm or more. See what evolves in the garden whilst I've been busy working. It must have rained more than I thought it had to encourage the growth of mushrooms. Stuck behind four walls leaves you blind to the happenings of the outside world. I'm just glad I looked up from my mundane task.







Are the black areas beneath the mushroom dried mushroom spores?
Tomorrow I am going to take a ruler outside and see how big these things are! Pity they aren't edible. I'm sure the dog would have eaten them before now if they were. She eats tomatoes, strawberries, figs, pomegranates and frajoias all which grow somewhere in the yard.
May be the fairies will come out and play and do a little gardening for me. Wishful thinking.
Enjoy your day, lift your head occasionally to take in your surroundings and hopefully time won't pass so quickly that you miss the small events that make life so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments