Thursday 20 February 2014

New Stamp, Blue Stamp




Printing more stuff... being inspired by the lovely detailed print of  Ernest Haeckel
It kind of reminds me of trilobites, the shape and form. When repeated a little like pebbled layers..

 So I added an extra layer with one of my first stamps .. a seed head from the Magnolia stamps, kind of  similar in shape.


I kept on dropping my new stamp on my material because i haven't fastened a handle on it yet ( a big block of wood.).So lots of blobs of ink and miss prints. You get to see the best bits! Photography is great because you can edit out the unwanted bits. If I get time I might invest in some perspex so I can see where I am placing the stamp as well.




1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the inspiration behind your printed fabrics. You have such an imaginative and creative mind, Monique!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments